Christmas - A Season of Love

It has been a wonderful Christmas break. Partly because of the sale items on sale at Banana Republic, but mostly because of my family. I must note that there has been a ubiquitous void with my brother and sister-in-law missing but I guess Scotland can have them for a bit longer (a bit I said). But I will tell you this....along with it being a season of peace, kindness, giving, laughter, fun, games, and joy, love has reigned.

You see, my sister got married about 4.5 months ago and last Christmas this guy wasn't even an idea in my sister's head. Luckily, he found her and recognized her awe-inspiring nature and she his compelling heart. So it's been fun to see her so happy and them so in love. We are all more than willing to welcome him into our home for the holidays and into our lives forevermore.

But, you must also see that I have yet another sister. Sure, she loves us as much as we love her and so was excited to be home with us for Christmas. However, it was obvious that she missed her boy who consequently was across the nation at his home. Or so she thought. Instead he was in cahoots with my parents and showed up on our doorstep Christmas Eve not only to surprise her with his presence but with his great-grandmother's ring! Shock is an understatement. So is bliss. I'm overjoyed that he has noticed her distinguished essence and fallen in love with her. And she has noticed his warmhearted qualities and fallen in love with him. I'm glad that he likes our family for we sure like him and are delighted to have him as an everlasting addition.

Of course the break has been full of other happenings as well like sleep, yummy treats, and a lot of dirty marbles. All of which have been beyond wonderful. But I admit, next to my mother's annual peace reading (which nothing can trump), the witnessing of a union's first Christmas along with a match made perfect it is no wonder that the season of love has reigned.

4 comments:

Mrs. A said...

It sounds like a perfectly, wonderfully romantic Christmas occured at the Zufelt home. I am excited for Heidi and Jim. Yeah for Magic!

Cher said...

Oh how wonderfully exciting!!! I'm so glad you're having a grand time with your family and can't wait to see your face :)

AG said...

Horray for love. Your face is good. Love you Becca.

Heidi said...

Thanks Becca - I loved how you said that and loved your sweet sentiments. I am so glad I/we got to share all of that joyousness with you too! All in all, probably one of the best Christmases ever! Love you lots...