


For those of you not aware what a Polaroid lift is: There are various kinds of Polaroid, not only the kind that were popular back in the 80's that you shake until the image shows up. Though the idea is the same, the image is instantaneous. You can actually go through a process where you boil the picture and then lift the emulsion off and you can put it anywhere. I composed these series out of my lifts. It's like peeling off dried rubber cement and trying to keep it intact....it was a blast. One of my favorite projects. The originals are hanging in my home (I scanned them into the computer so I could share the with you). That is the special thing about Polaroids, they are 100% non-duplicable. Each image is an original. I would love to create tender nostalgic art pieces like these for people of the things that remind them of their loved ones.
4 comments:
you're so talented! the pictures are beautiful!
I'm really glad you explained what those were. I thought they were really cool quilts at first.
Very interesting! I love the details in each series.
Becca! You are amazing! I am so glad I could finally see your blog. I hope things are going well in Texas!
Post a Comment