More Recent Work





These are more images from the project I explained in an earlier post. I still don't know what I'm doing exactly, but I do like these images. I've been talking to another art professor here named Hagen Haltern who also does abstract pieces only through other mediums. To look at his art is to escape the present moment,or perhaps escape everything else but the present moment. Either way, there is some kind of reaction, something more than a 'hey neat' response. So we've been talking a lot about symbolism and the purpose of art and what is beauty and I think I'm starting to understand. Starting. (I want to share more about what I'm learning from him, but I'll save that for another post.) Of one thing I'm sure, this type of application does not come about in one single piece. It's achieved through a process and maybe one day will be culminated in a grand masterpiece or maybe it will slowly seep through waxing and waning which itself will relate much to life. I think the latter is more likely which is good because I think I prefer it anyway. Though, the semester is drawing to an end and I don't know what will happen next...

1 comment:

Arianne said...

These are beautiful...and amazing. Hmmm....two words I would also use to describe you. I am excited for you and your journey to uncover and discover more and more.