The most wonderful thing happened the other day. First, I should set up a bit of context. I aspire to be like my
sister-in-law who loves cooking and seems to know all the secrets. A love for cooking is not innate within me and because of this I'm afraid that there are some basics that I simply don't know. And now we're back to my most wonderful experience. I was at the store with my roommate buying ingredients for spaghetti when I went over to pick some ground beef to put in my sauce. I started voicing my frustration to my roommate about how all I wanted was some beef and how am I supposed to know which kind of all the choices they offer is the best? Then, this kind young lady who was standing next to me said, "Excuse me, but I happen to be a nutrition major and we actually just learned that round is the best cut of beef to buy." Oh! Thank you! Wouldn't it be wonderful if every time you didn't know something there was someone by your side to say, "Excuse me, but I happen to be an expert on...."
I saw two darling little sisters walking together and the younger one, about 6 years old, said to her older sister, "I like holding your hand. Your hand makes my body feel warm." Made me smile.
Being surprised with flowers from a good friend also makes me smile.
I like shooting film, though I don't do it often. Here are some older pictures that I finally scanned into the computer. I am working on doing more portraits with 4x5 film so hopefully you'll see more recent film work soon.






4 comments:
Becca--
Your photos are beautiful. I especially like that one of my husband. Perfectly captures him. You are so talented.
Thank you for your kind comment. Cooking just takes some practice. :)
Love you!
I read your blog and miss you. I wish I could carry you along with me all the time as my expert on life. You're wonderful!
I love your pictures. I love random helpful people. I love good friends. Mostly....I love you!
Great post Bec, great post. I like the idea of having personal experts around everywhere.....and I love that you and I both are missing the "love of cooking" gene. Maybe that gene will grow in later. I also of course love love love those images. The one of Darren makes me happy. Love you!
Post a Comment