I think I prefer dippin' dots

Aubrey I'm sorry it has been two months since I've blogged.....

Ever since I've graduated and have found myself with a plethora of time (in comparison to student life anyway) I have also found that it's a lot harder to get things done. Strange. By 'things' I of course I mean those that have no time line or deadline. Blogging is an excellent example. I have actually learned a lot of things since I've graduated which comes as quite the relief to me only b/c I loathe the day I stop learning. Here's a list of some things I've learned (most are along the lines of self discovery)

I work better with deadlines
I love visiting people
Eating three real meals a day is wonderful
The desire to wake up early and be productive is trumped every morning if I didn't go to bed early enough.
I don't like blackberries in my cereal or my yogurt
Just b/c I have the time doesn't make finding the time to cook any easier
I like to cook (which is a big deal!)
Yogurt with blueberries and walnuts is my new favorite snack
I can use my lip gloss as easily as I can a card to break into a certain place that sometimes requires breaking into (I promise I'm not breaking the law)
I cannot make hash browns from scratch
I like to have secret meetings with my friend under the table
There are people in the world who can do amazing juggling tricks
When I do my best and really care it makes a difference....it really is that simple sometimes
I very well may prefer dippin' dots to ice cream
I like to be busy even if it's busy with silly things
I like to have something homemade and sweet around (banana chocolate chip bread is my latest treat!)
I love yoga...who knew
I feel most fulfilled when I feel like people can open up to me....these are my favorite conversations
I love old movies (this is not a passing passion or temporary trend but a long lasting love!)
I like tangelos

I'd say that the months since my graduation have not been spent in vain one bit. I have liked the new challenge of trying to figure out how to have time. I'm still figuring it out but I can't help but wonder if anyone ever completely figures anything out.

Also, I feel I owe some pictures since it has been so long. These are old pictures from my editorial class last year. They are from the Hare Krishna Festival of Colors again last year.









(a reminder that these images are copyrighted)

4 comments:

eden said...

rebecca!!! you're back in the blogging world! i was so excited to see that you updated. yay!

ps i love dippin' dots too. but where the devil do you get them?

Heidi said...

Becca, a few things in response...
1 - I loved, loved your list
2 - I want to join your meetings under the table!
3 - I too think it's very important to know what fruits you like.
4 - I'm extremely curious what you're breaking into....I mean really.
5 - I love the Hare Krishna pictures - I hadn't seen them!

Rebecca said...

Thanks Eden! And we'll have to steal away someday and I'll show you where you can get dippin' dots.

Heidi - I'm so glad you liked my list! I'll let you know when the next meeting is and I can't post online what I'm breaking into....talk to me later ;)I am abiding all laws!

Arianne said...

Welcome back! You've been missed. Don't stay away so long next time. You certainly have been busy learning so much during this post higher education time. I'm proud of you. Who even attempts to make hash browns from scratch? Where do you get so much ambition. You're just great. Always a treat to have insights into the world that is Rebecca.